Part-time position available as information concierge and tour guide
A rare and exciting opportunity to work as a bilingual tourist information concierge while wearing kimono. Come join our team and introduce the real Nihonbashi to our visitors!
Seeking friendly and outgoing applicants with an interest in Japanese culture to work part-time at a tourist information center in Nihonbashi, Tokyo. No experience necessary (training provided).
● Fun environment with many opportunities to learn about and experience Japanese culture
● Flexible part-time schedule with 4 or 8-hour shifts between 9:00am and 8:00pm. Must be able to work at least one day every weekend. Possibility of becoming full-time if position becomes available.
● Minimum 1,200 yen hourly wage for 3-month training period. Raise available after training period is complete.
● Kimono uniform (provided)
● Visa sponsorship may be possible
● Native speaker of English or another language, preferably French, Spanish, Chinese, Thai, etc.
● Native or advanced English
● Intermediate to advanced Japanese
● Basic computer skills
● Ability to work in a team
● Giving information about Nihonbashi and the surrounding Tokyo area in English, Japanese, and if possible, other languages.
● Leading and assisting with tours and cultural workshops
● Replying to inquiries and reservation requests via phone and email
● Updating the information center’s Facebook page
● Translating and interpreting from Japanese to English (and/or native language)
● Working with press and media to promote Nihonbashi (may include TV coverage, pictures for magazines, newspapers, etc.)
Interested applicants should send their resume (English and/or Japanese) to